Leading the Charge for Accessibility and Employment For the Blind and Visually Impaired – David Demers
David Demers, Executive Director of CNIB Quebec and Executive Lead for Frontier Accessibility, discusses accessibility and employment for people who are blind or visually impaired. Other topics covered include David’s own story of sudden vision loss due to Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy and the history and stigmatization of blindness.
About the guest:
In 2008, the alumnus’s vision was impaired by Leber hereditary optic neuropathy, a degenerative vision disorder. Executive Director at the CNIB, David also speaks at schools and organizations to raise awareness of the challenges of the blind.
- General Manager
- Business Development and Outreach Manager. eSight Eyewear
- Professional Photographer. David Demers Photography
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.). Community and Public Affairs / Philosophy. Concordia University
Activities and Societies: • Golden Key Honour Society • Dean’s List
- Certificate in Management. Field of Study Business Administration and Management. George Mason University School of Business
- D.E.P. Cooking and Related Culinary Arts. Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec
- A.E.C. Commercial Photography. Collège Marsan
So amazing to see the drive David has! You hear just how passionate he is about all his career achievements and accomplished.
It’s very interesting link! Share it more please with you friends. Thank you!